Survey: preferences of style of XML content mapping document

Here you can post your opinions and share information regarding any integration issues with third party systems

twesthues

Survey: preferences of style of XML content mapping document

Post by twesthues » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:28 pm

Dear all,

as you may be well aware, any import (via PMS gateway or manual) requires the data content of an application in XML format. Although there is the International data standard for IP, the DTDs for each procedure varies to some extend and more importantly, some elements require a certain interpretation in order to come to the same behaviour as if having entered the data via the form GUI.

The document offered here
http://docs.epoline.org/onlinefilingdoc ... xml_en.pdf
is becoming out of date as the DTDs have been changed in the process of the EPC2000 changes, moreover it does not cover PCT/RO101 or any other national plug-in.

Before an attempt is made to provide system integrators with useful documentation about how the xml elements are to be interpreted, we'd like to collect your ideas and opinions about the style of such a document.

I think including the DTD as free text is pretty redundant, as the files are available in the \epoline3\dtd folder. But what would make more sense, to map the GUI to the XML or the XML to the PDF form or both?

What other complications would require more documentation according to your experience? Although most behaviour can be analysed by using the GUI and verifying the resulting XML files, I wonder whether properties such as length of data element should be made available in such a document.

Your input will be highly appreciated. :wink:

Regards,
Thorsten
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!

Piroue

Post by Piroue » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:57 am

Hi,

I would like to share my opinion with you all....

You are completely right, DTD is not the level of documentation that we (the software integrators) need. I think (and that was what I did while my implementation of epoline 3 in our software) the mapping of the epoline GUI to the sections of the XML ist the best thing. Mapping the XML to PDF, hm, I don't need that really...

I hope I could help a little bit, and I am also a little bit confused that I'm the first after a half month to write here. I think that this is a very good possibility to get in contact with the epoline development.

Kind regards,

Bastien

GSI Office Management GmbH