Switching window between version 3.1 and 3.2

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

Alberto231

Switching window between version 3.1 and 3.2

Post by Alberto231 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:25 am

As far as I understand, presently we are in a transition period between OPS 3.1 and 3.2:.ù

These versions are all available to allow the EPO and its customers to check more accurately the new version 3.2 without affecting services which use the version 3.1.

I ask you if you can provide a tentative date by which you plan to discontinue the version 3.1, for properly handling this final transition.

Thank you and best regards

alberto231

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Switching window between version 3.1 and 3.2

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:53 am

Hi,

I need to revise your statement a bit:
v 3.2 is a real production version since several months now and it’s not really there in order for user to test it against 3.1. That was something that users should be doing the entire time when 3.2 was a BETA only.

Version 3.1, as we mentioned few times in different announcements, is no longer supported or updated or even fixed so users should not be using it any longer. So, migration to 3.2 should actually be done already for all users as of the date of the announcement that 3.2 is no longer BETA. In case that is still not done and users are still using only 3.1 that also means that the data that they are getting might be different to the official 3.2 data which should be another reason that the migration should be done as soon as at all possible.

We are planning to discontinue the 3.1 somewhere in autumn, but we will announce exact date when we know more.

Regards,
OPS support