The firebird guardian failed to startup because another inst

BERKEM

The firebird guardian failed to startup because another inst

Post by BERKEM » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:54 pm

Dear All,

I have lately installed all the required sofwares for online filing. I works properly. However I begin to receive messages related with the firebird guardian each time I turned on my computer.

messages are as follows.

Programs or devices requesting attention
Message title : Firebird guardian
Program path : C:\PCT-SAFE\Firebird\Bin\fbguard.exe
Received: 30 April 2009 Today, 5 minutes ago

This problem happens becouse of partial incompatibility with windows. Please contact the program or device manufacturer for more information.

Then I click on the show me the message and the monitor stops for a few seconds and it gives another message:

Interactive services dialog detection
Return to your windows desktop
the program will display its own window below if it still need attention

When you are done, or if you need to return to your desktop for more information click return now.

Another message dialog is also appears at the same time,

Firebird Guardian
The firebird Guardian failed to startup because another instance of the guardina is already running.

Please help me to solve the problem... this can be really a disaster since firefox complately blockes and can not be initiated after all those messages.

Thanks in advance.

twesthues

Re: The firebird guardian failed to startup because another inst

Post by twesthues » Wed May 27, 2009 3:30 pm

I have the same problem on my installation where I have PCT-SAFE and OLF running in parallel. The two systems use different versions of Firebird database engine and the guardians appear to clash. I can however, say that I have not experienced any adverse effect on both systems and I'm able to run PCT-SAFE and OLF after having ok'ed i.e. ignored the message.

Sorry, for not being able to help any further.