ti=Anhängekupplung

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

martien

ti=Anhängekupplung

Post by martien » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:33 am

Hello Support,

with
ti=Anhängekupplung
I don't get any result. Also in the API-console I get "Not found"

In the API Reference Guide once "ti" is mentioned as an index for the publication title in English (p. 132),
page 134 however, says the ti index checks title in all languages.

( ti='TRAILER COUPLING' works ofcourse. It doesn't seem to be an utf8 issue. )

Is it really not possible to search for other than english terms?

Querying q="de" delivers, within the first 50 results, a lot of DE documents without an English title
or an abstract in English.
How could I get such documents as result of a text search?

Hope you can help,

Cheers, Martien

EPO / OPS Support

Re: ti=Anhängekupplung

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:30 pm

Hi,

CQL search only supports EN language at the moment and same goes for Smart search in Espacenet. Just recently the Espacenet has divided its database into 3 language sources and there you can search data in EN database, DE and FR ones, but OPS did not adopt this yet.

So, info on page 132 is correct, but also information on page 134 is correct, it is just means that the ti index checks title in all languages, it is possible, that specific one word will be found in English title and another in the German (etc.) like, word Gering, which has meanings in EN and DE language.

Unfortunately, we cannot offer an alternative for DE or FR search in OPS at present time, but it will be available at some point.

Regards,
OPS support