UK application moved after 01/07/10 update

chrishemingway

UK application moved after 01/07/10 update

Post by chrishemingway » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi
After submitting a UK application and receiving the receipt, the latest patch (1st July 2010) was applied and now the application has been moved from 'Sent Items' back to 'Draft'.
The UK Patent Office has confirmed that the application has been received.
I don't really want to delete the application from 'Drafts' (as we want to maintain the record), neither do I want to leave it in 'Drafts' (as it will cause confusion). Therefore how do I move the application back to 'Sent Items'?
Regards
Chris

twesthues

Re: UK application moved after 01/07/10 update

Post by twesthues » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:11 am

Hi Chris,

this sounds rather strange - when you view the application is the receipt still amongst the documents? If so, the first thing I would recommend to do is to export this application and see if all documents including the receipt are actually part of the export.

There is actually no way to move any application 'back' to 'Sent Items' as this should only work when actually sending.

However, there is a trick that you could apply: just sign and send the application but this time not online but as CD-R image (ther is an option at the final dialogue before sending) i.e. instead of actually sending the application you will be asked to select a location where the signed objects will be written to - after that the application is in 'Sent items' again - but possibly without the actual original receipt. The caveat is that because you're re-signing and bundling the package, it is not the originally sent application anymore and may not be used as a proof for having sent the application.

As to your desire to keep it for the records, I strongly recommend to maintain your records outside of the online filing system i.e. to export the 'Sent items' regularly as all documents and data are then easily accessible without the need of the online filing system.

If for whatever reason, you don't have the receipt anymore with your draft application, I would ask the UKIPO to kindly provide you with the originally sent package for your records.

I hope this is of help,
Thorsten
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!

chrishemingway

Re: UK application moved after 01/07/10 update

Post by chrishemingway » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:21 am

Hi Thorsten

Thanks for the CD-R tip - that has at least moved the application to the 'correct' place. Strangely, after doing this today (monday), it now says it was sent on friday and lists the corresponding application number (on the Sent Items screen, as per the original online filing), but there is no receipt amongst the documents. Fortunately we have a hard copy for future reference. Hopefully this was a one-off glitch and won't affect future filings!

Regards

Chris