Updating OLF 4.00 for upgrade to 5.00

Jemimus

Updating OLF 4.00 for upgrade to 5.00

Post by Jemimus » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:23 pm

Hi,

Today I have started preparing for our upgrade.
Thankfully its very easy to experiment because our OLF server is Virtual, and i have a clone of the production server to play with.

First issue I have run into is that our verion of OLF appears to be build 4.228 hile 4.229 is required to update.
The Installation guide recommends to either live-update, OR to download the 3 upates needed from the Download center.
Compatibility with older versions
Online Filing version 4.00 can be upgraded from builds 4.229 to version 5.00. If you have a still older version installed (build 4.228, for instance) and you want to continue using its data, you must first upgrade to the last build of version 4.00.
You can either use Live Update in Server Manager or manually install the following V4 updates (available from the Download center on the Online Services website (http://www.epoline.org)) in this order:
1. 1 July 2008 PCT update (ibptch4010_002.exe, 06-11-2008)
2. 1 January 2009 updates (epptch4009_007.exe, 22-12-2008)
3. Fee reform 1 April 2009 and EP(Oppo) plug-in (epptch4023.exe, 09-04-2009)
The updates from 1 July 2009 on are included in Version 5.0 and do not need to be installed before upgrading.
Problem1: The Live update doesnt do anything. It thinks there is nothing to update perhaps? I know the live update work ok because we use it to install the certificate updates, etc.

Problem2: I cannot find any of the mentioned updates on the download center. Only OLF 5.00 downloads appear to be available (3). I cannot find a link to the older downloads for version 4 anywhere. Am I blind?

Greets,
Robert
Last edited by Jemimus on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Robert Kloosterhuis
Systems Administrator - Nederlandsch Octrooibureau
http://www.octrooibureau.nl

Jemimus

Re: Updating OLF 4.00 for upgrade to 5.00

Post by Jemimus » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Something odd.

When I look in the Info screen for the OLF server manager tool, I see version 4.0.228, which is listed as being too low for the update to 5.00

But last night I tried the update anyway. When I had to select what components to install, the installer tool listed the version as 4.0.229 after all.

Which one to believe?
Robert Kloosterhuis
Systems Administrator - Nederlandsch Octrooibureau
http://www.octrooibureau.nl

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:16 am

We did a clean install of verion 5 (I wont rant off as to why). But we had problems exporting/importing the address book.

The “Street” field in the address book is the only field which accepts multi line values. CSV files work on the basis on one record per line; when a multi line address is entered this breaks this pattern. However I’m pretty sure that multi line value are allowed within a CSV file as long as it’s encapsulated within double quotes so its designated that the new line is part of field data, and not the start of a new record.

So we had messed up address book records with data missing past the first line of the “Street” value. And had additional records which are the missing half of those records.

Some of the multi line values were encapsulated in double quotes – but not all. It was not consistent. I encapsulated all of the multi line values but still encountered the same issue when importing. So I then replaced all of the new line characters with commas so the CSV was strictly one record per line. This made for a successful import.

In conclusion it’s a strange problem. The EPO software contains this multi line “Street” field, but the import/export functionality seems to have no way of supporting this.

Oli

twesthues

Post by twesthues » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:19 pm

Unfortunately, this is a bug that was only discovered after launch and will be rectified with the next update.

thorsten
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!