Using Epoline Software with other Smartcards and Reader

Arte

Using Epoline Software with other Smartcards and Reader

Post by Arte » Thu May 29, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi,

i want to use the epoline online filling software and the DPMAdirect-Software with one Smartcard and one Reader.
Is this possible? I think, the german patent office requires a qualified Smartcard (with "postident" and so on) e.g. of the german mail or telekom.

Can i use this smartcard and any reader to use the epoline online filling software too?

Thanks.

Arte

Madu

Re: Using Epoline Software with other Smartcards and Reader

Post by Madu » Thu May 29, 2008 4:50 pm

Dear Arte,

The EPO and the DPMA do not share the same PKI system. Hence you can only use our card to file to our system and vice versa. However, if you really want to use one Smartcard and one Reader, we can guarantee
the use of the DE pluggin in our EPO online Filing software to meet your filing needs.

The ability to get the GemSAFE libraries software and our reader to read the certificates on the German card and allow filing through the DPMA software has not been tested by us, hence we cannot comment.

Regards,

Martin
Arte wrote:Hi,

i want to use the epoline online filling software and the DPMAdirect-Software with one Smartcard and one Reader.
Is this possible? I think, the german patent office requires a qualified Smartcard (with "postident" and so on) e.g. of the german mail or telekom.

Can i use this smartcard and any reader to use the epoline online filling software too?

Thanks.

Arte