V5 - Connection to server lost

wlconsult

V5 - Connection to server lost

Post by wlconsult » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:50 am

Hi everyone,

I have newly installed V5 on a Win 2008 Std. Server. All clients are using Win XP pro SP3. Firewalls are set up correctly on both sides (at least I think so ...). It is no problem to start the client, I can see the connection on the server manager.

When the user clicks on "new draft", he/she can enter the user reference and click on "create". There is no more action afterwards. After a period of time, there is the following message appearing: "Connection to server lost. Please close and retry". However the connection is still shown in the server manager.

I´ve already deavtivated the firewall on both sides (client/server). I already installed the client on my server and used localhost as the server´s address - same behaviour.

Does anyone here has an idea about what could be wrong on my setup?

Thank you very much in advance!
Best regards
Werner

wlconsult

Re: V5 - Connection to server lost

Post by wlconsult » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:42 pm

Hello everybody,

I finally solved the problem: During the installation of the 2008 Server and the EOLF-server the machine was in a different subnet. The EOLF-server installation however stores the ip-address of the system in almost all *.CONF files within the system and in the PCT.INI-file. When changing the ip-address of the server, these CONF-files will not be changed anymore.

The EOLF-Filing-Client can be started and used within this changed configuration without any problems. The server shows a correct user connection, all log-files look fine. But once you start a new draft from the client, the form cannot communicate with the server, due to the wrong ip-address that is stored in the CONF-file.

Best regards
Werner