V5SP3: LU now displaying older patch

matt.woodward

V5SP3: LU now displaying older patch

Post by matt.woodward » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:49 pm

I have just installed the V5SP3 update on 2 separate standalone installations.
The installations went smoothly but now, on login, when Live Update runs, it reports the old UKPTCH5004 patch is available for download and installation.
I assume that this patch (dated 16/12/2010) was included in V5SP3 so I am puzzled as to why it is prompting me to download it.
I can stop this happening by adding an entry for this patch in the [Patch] section of 'OLFfm.conf' but should I be downloading and installing it ?

Installation method:
I accepted the 'Modify' option for the installation and all other defaults with the exception of selecting the UK and SE national procedures for installation.
Before re-booting the PCs I installed the post-V5SP3 UKPTCH5005 patch and then re-booted.

Also, the UKPTCH5004 patch had been installed on both these systems when it was released i.e. prior to the installation of V5SP3.

D. Van Haken

Re: V5SP3: LU now displaying older patch

Post by D. Van Haken » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:15 am

Dear Matt,

The update should not be triggered when you have installed V5SP3, the certificates are already included in the installation. However, installing the patch is without risk and will remove the message from the LiveUpdate.

In any case we'll update the LiveUpdate information in order not to trigger the message anymore.

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.
regards,

Dirk Van Haken
Product Manager Online Filing
EPO