Very Urgent - Network Inquiry

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share experiences on the PATSTAT product line. Please always indicate the PATSTAT edition (e.g. 2015 Autumn Edition) and the database (e.g. PATSTAT Online, MySQL, MS SQL Server, ...) you are using.

Isabel C.

Very Urgent - Network Inquiry

Post by Isabel C. » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:55 am

Dear PATSTAT community,

I am a second-year PhD student in economics. I am currently working on a project on sophisticated network analysis on French collaborative patents.

I am interested in listing the patent applications that include more than one applicant, where one is a private company, and at least one is a public R&D entity (one university or CNRS). Moreover, I want to identify several sectors and fields: Electrical engineering (in particular, Telecommunications, Basic communication processes Semiconductors); Chemistry (Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals and Microstructural and nano-technology) and Mechanical engineering (Machine tools, Engines, pumps, turbines, Mechanical elements). The period should comprehend 1978-2018. Last, if it is feasible, I would need the addresses to evaluate the geographical proximity.

Is it possible to do this query by “type” of applicants? If so, could you help me in extracting all this information?

Thank you very much for your help.

Isabel