What to do if you are blocked from Espacenet?

This is where you will find Espacenet relevant technical issues as well as the respective tips and workarounds

EPO / Innovation Networks

Post by EPO / Innovation Networks » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:37 am

In order to make access to Espacenet fair for all users, we have recently implemented some technical measures to regulate excessive use of the system. These measures limit the number of requests, and the amount of data that can be downloaded. You may be experiencing some performance issues and seeing error messages as we fine-tune the limits. We apologise for any temporary difficulties you may be experiencing.

In order to for us to ensure that you are able to access Espacenet at the appropriate level for your specific patent information needs, we should be grateful if you would kindly provide us with the following details so that we can adjust your data limits accordingly.

- Your IP address (e.g. open Google and type "what is my IP address") and
- the organisation/company name and
- the number of users working currently with this IP address and your time zone?
- Are you running any automated tools to extract data from Espacenet?

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Patent Information User Support

fsolinas

Re: What to do if you are blocked from Espacenet?

Post by fsolinas » Tue May 19, 2015 3:54 pm

Dear Patent Information User Support,
I am CIO for Jacobacci & Partners group and will be happy to inform you concerning our needs for Espacenet as you wrote in your post.
How can I reach you? where do you prefer I could write our IP addresses/automated tools to extract data/ etc.. since of course are mainly restricted information.

Thanks for your assistance,
Fulvio Solinas

EPO / Innovation Networks

Post by EPO / Innovation Networks » Wed May 20, 2015 10:37 am

Dear Fulvio,

If your IP is blocked from the Espacenet service, you will receive an error message containing a link to the e-mail address of the responsible support group.

Otherwise, please write directly to patentinformation@epo.org

Kind regards,

Lisa