Yves

Workflow in eOLF

Post by Yves » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:51 pm

The actual workflow in eOLF comprises the steps:
- draft
- ready to sign
- ready to send
- sent

The person who prepares the draft places the application in the state "Ready to sign" when he/she considers that the application is ready. Then the attorney signs it, and the application is "ready to send".
In our organisation, one or two persons verify the application before the attorney signs it.

My problem is that eOLF is not able to register that the application has been controlled.
Is someone confronted to the same problem? With which solution in eOLF?
Is someone interested for asking to EPOLINE TEAM a new feature to add parametrable steps?

Yves
Yves

twesthues

Post by twesthues » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:55 pm

Dear Yves,

this was also suggested by someone from a british agency some years ago - but it has never got on the official change request list due to other issue identified with higher priorities.

There is however, a possible way of achieving the same result by making use of the folder system i.e. by introducing a folder or sub-folder called something like 'verified' and instructing staff to move verified applications/forms into that folder and then let attorneys only sign what is inside such a folder - this would in essence be the same effect as in having a state called 'reviewed'.

Could you see this working in your case?

Kind regards,
Thorsten (QA-team)
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!

Yves

Post by Yves » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:07 am

Dear Thorsten,
I didn't think to this solution, I ignored that an application could be moved to an other folder.

I think it could be a satisfying solution. We will experiment. Thank you.

Yves
Yves

Kelly Hill

Re: Workflow in eOLF

Post by Kelly Hill » Fri May 15, 2009 10:16 am

Dear Yves,

We have a similar system in our office where applications needed to be signed and reviewed.

How are you finding the folder system? I have suggested to our attorneys but they are thinking it will make things more confusing. It would be useful for me to be able to tell them what another company has experienced when doing it this way.

Many thanks

Kelly
Kelly Hill

Yves

Post by Yves » Fri May 15, 2009 11:08 am

Hello Kelly,
We don't adopt this solution. Our quality system requires a registration of the control. So we deplace physical folders on which controller places visa.
Yves
Yves

Kelly Hill

Post by Kelly Hill » Fri May 15, 2009 11:18 am

Thanks Yves.

That is the system we are currently using too.

Regards
Kelly
Kelly Hill