Wrong countryType value

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

AstriumServices

Wrong countryType value

Post by AstriumServices » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Dear all,

While making a query based on family number, I have received a resulted XML including wrong countryType value for the office property of the citation item.

Code: Select all

<citation cited-phase="international-search-report" cited-by="examiner" sequence="1" office="??">
My XML parser in C# does not accept to validate the XML file since "??" is not part of the enum values of the countryType defined in the exchange_documents.xsd (latest version available on your web site).
Herein below the query to get the data where the problem has been highlighted.
https://ops.epo.org/3.1/rest-services/p ... ange=1-100

Any idea what's wrong with this unexpected countryType value ?
I did not manage to add "??" value in the enum list of my wrapper class. Special characters are vorbidden in C# enum. Happy to capture some advice/tips if any from the community.

In addition, XSD schema (exchange_documents.xsd ) mentions the "stateless" as possible value for countryType but I did not find its definition in the schema.

Code: Select all

<xs:element name="country" type="countryType">
    <xs:annotation>
      <xs:documentation>
Also includes EP, WO. Always in upper case. Also can use "stateless"

</xs:documentation>
    </xs:annotation>
  </xs:element>
Could you clarify the definition of the "stateless" value and its usage ?

Thanks for your feedback
Kind regards

Michel