XML responses filled with null characters as from 8KB

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

Mike_k43

XML responses filled with null characters as from 8KB

Post by Mike_k43 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:09 pm

I have newly observed something very strange and which might be related to the unparseable XML response issue I earlier posted here. I now observe (I cannot cite the exact date when this started, but since perhaps January 2018) that the raw byte response stream contains, starting as from about 8KByte (a little less, and not at a fixed byte index) only null characters. Has anybody here observed a similar behaviour? Note again, I am talking of XML responses, not JSON responses which I have never used.

Mike_K43

EPO / OPS Support

Re: XML responses filled with null characters as from 8KB

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:07 am

Hi Mike

Can you send me to my email (same as last time) an example of such query and some details on what you wrote for our developers?

Regards,
OPS support